17 Aug Apply for Dark & Lovely x SLA Beauty Accelerator
The Dark and Lovely x SLA Beauty Accelerator is a 10-week entrepreneurship development program to support early stage entrepreneurs who are building businesses in the beauty industry. It is an initiative of Softsheen Carson (producers of Dark & Lovely) & She Leads Africa
Five entrepreneurs will participate in an intensive program which includes a boot camp in Johannesburg, South Africa and access to business coaches with experience in the skills entrepreneurs need to succeed, including business strategy, growth marketing, finance, and branding. The program will end with an opportunity to pitch your business to investors and stakeholders in the beauty industry for a chance to win cash to support your growth.
Types of businesses that can apply
- Media: Platforms that make it easier for women to learn beauty techniques, discover new styles and connect with customers
- Products: Physical products that enhance the beauty process
- Technology: Software and services that support the beauty industry
- Retail: Platforms that simplify the buying process for consumers
- And many more…..
- Business based in Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa
- Businesses must have at least one woman aged 18-35 as a founder or owner
- Business has been in operation for less than 3 years
- Business has received no more than $50,000 in external investment
- Business is within the beauty industry
Deadline for applications: September 1st, 2017
Click here to learn more/register.